Training for PA’s
Enhance your skillset and find out about training available for PA's here
IWC Online Learning Hub
All Accredited PA’s on the noticeboard MUST complete the following mandatory online training modules on the IWC Learning Hub Website FREE of charge.
- Coronavirus Awareness UK
- PPE (Using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during the Covid-19 pandemic)
Basic Skills for PA’s
- Health and Safety Basics and Essentials
- Fire Awareness
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Risk Assessment
- Slips, Trips and Falls
- Introduction to First Aid
- Moving and Handling People
- Manual Handling
- Safeguarding Adults
- Introduction to Safeguarding Children
- Dignity and Respect
Please remember mandatory training is in place for PA’s in order to protect yourself as well as ASC service users.
If you are having access issues or difficulties using the IWC Learning Hub, please contact the PA Market Team to discuss (PAMarket@iow.gov.uk). The Team are currently running Training Support Sessions for PA’s and will be happy to assist and support you.
There are currently other training modules on the Learning Hub Accredited PA’s are able to enrol in including;
- The Care Certificate – Free of Charge
- Safer Moving and Handling of People – at reduced cost to Accredited Personal Assistants of £65.00
Please find IWC Learning Hub training here: Learning hub
Additional Training for PA’s
Neurocare KnowHow Training Are you supporting a person with a neurological condition? Neurocare KnowHow is a project creating a digital learning tool for care workers.
Distance Learning Visit the Isle of Wight College website for more information on Distance Learning opportunities, FREE for PA’s